Chat Box- For discussions/debates only

Announcements

22 December 2009 @ 18:30 hours

Dear readers,

Sorry for the retarded rate of blogging. WK and DM are and will be riduculously busy until further notice. We will try to post once in a while, so stay tuned.

DM will try to monitor/manage the chatroll whenever possible. Meanwhile, Ivan and Evone have been given administrative rights to ban unsavory individuals from the chatroll.

Chatbox rules have been shortened.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

Spamming for idiots

I feel very inspired to do a post on spamming thanks to “hairylongcock” (HLC), which I have publically dubbed as the ”baldshortworm”, who had made the conscious effort to return to my blog, not once, but TWICE to spam my wonderful (because its free) Chatroll with meaningless messages such as “jk”, “gh”, etc in random order. I'm not categorizing this post under the "What is" series because it lacks sufficient detail and does not cover a broader spectrum of the global issue of spamming.

I must say I’m honored with the effort taken by HLC to key it random alphabets approximately 50 times each time the dear spammer pops by, however due to its unconstructive nature, I had to ban him. I must say I prefer hecklers who will scold me at my Chatroll, I’m not perfect and I need a scolding now and then to squash my big head back into size. =) I’ll be more specific and say, I rather know WHY you hate me than to see you clutter up my entire Chatroll, only for me to delete it ALL away with 2 clicks… Hardly worth the effort, isn’t it?

So these are the common variations of spam, are there others that fall under this umbrella? HLC would still fall under the umbrella of a IM spammer who sends out bulk messages in person rather through a virus trying to promote some product. Personally, I always looked down on such IM spammers, because you can tell quite a few things about them (I’ll use HLC as a case study here):

1.They are incredibly free. I think any decent person with time on their hands can think of better things to do than to come to people’s IM and leave a brandom string of alphabets behind.
2.They are hard up for attention. Obviously, no one gives a damn for HLC, whether he’s dead or alive. He’s so desperate that he is reduced into being a faceless persona who failed to market his obviously handicapped anatomy as something mightier than it actually is. You know, they said “the pen is mightier than the sword”, I say “a worm is more pitiful alive than dead”. If you don’t get what I mean, too bad. =P
3.They are very stupid. Their vocabulary and knowledge is extremely limited. In HLC’s case, all he knows is how to beg for a blowjob because no one wants to do it even if he pays them to and how to type alphabets in random order.
4.They are failures in every sense of the word. When I had a tagboard as my guestbook, HLC drew a picture of an inch long penis and called it big. As you
can tell, I’m hardly impressed and I was trying very hard to keep a straight
face when HLC begged for blowjobs.
I’ve been tagging randomly at some Ah Lian’s blogs as well as at AALT2. Thanks to my heckling nature, I made a lot of enemies, not that I care because all of them are still immature and have underdeveloped brains (a.k.a. below 21 years old). I was quite amazed that liannies like to call me a spammer. I did mention this in one of my earlier posts about liannies. For one, I don’t do BULK messages, I just leave innocuous messages like “why must you swear so much? It makes you look crude and stupid.” That is enough for them to reply “who are you to tell me what to do!!!!” to which I’ll usually post my replies and get labeled a spammer once the blog owner is tired of me. I'll leave the blog when I'm asked to nicely.

I still believe in respecting the basic rules of courtesy- "be polite unless aggression is called for" & "don't overstay your welcome". I think I need to justify myself, I produce unsolicited advice indiscriminately, that’s all. I didn’t start off with an aim of pissing the blog owner off unlike most IM spammers like HLC. I’m a fair person, I’ll praise people if they are good and scold them if they are bad. If they fall between the grey area, I’ll shut up and hold my peace (or piss).

So back to the topic of spamming, what is spamming? Spamming is now universally accepted as the abuse of electronic messaging systems to send unsolicited bulk messages indiscriminately. “Traditionally” speaking, spam used to refer to unsolicited adverts that unknown idiots shove into your letter boxes. With the progress of technology, spam now refers to unknown idiots flooding your emails, IM, mobile phones and fax transmissions with more adverts that you do not need.

Spam is harmless by nature, but they are certainly a hassle. For one, I have to clear my emails more often before they jam up the entire system. Furthermore, many spam emails and IM messages contain viruses in attached folders/links that actually compromise your account security and send out more spam emails to annoy those on your contact lists. For those of you who use msn, I’m sure you’ve received random links from friends who appear to be offline with messages ranging from “I can’t believe you were so cheap! (link)” to “Is that you in this picture? (link)" to “I lost over 20 pounds in three weeks! You should try out this acacia berry pills! (link)". Clicking on the link provided would only result in a viral invasion of your beloved computer.

So how to deal with spam? I say, ignore them and don’t respond. When spammers realize that there is no benefit in sending out such messages, the whole system will be redundant. As for annoying buggers you will meet online, just delete their post, ignore them and live goes on, WITHOUT them. They’ll get tired and stop after some time. In summary, don’t take things personally, they are people too, they’re just attention seeking and immature. Sex maniacs will die of STDs and the verbally abusive will get beaten up one day. Unsolicited hecklers like me will give up once we realize that your skull is thicker than a coconut.

P.S. whatever I said about ignoring spammers doesn’t work on me, I have this obsessive-compulsion to insult them back.

0 Comments: