Chat Box- For discussions/debates only

Announcements

22 December 2009 @ 18:30 hours

Dear readers,

Sorry for the retarded rate of blogging. WK and DM are and will be riduculously busy until further notice. We will try to post once in a while, so stay tuned.

DM will try to monitor/manage the chatroll whenever possible. Meanwhile, Ivan and Evone have been given administrative rights to ban unsavory individuals from the chatroll.

Chatbox rules have been shortened.

Saturday, August 1, 2009

Beauty is in the Eye of the Beholder- or isn't it?

There is something wrong with me... Maybe its my assexual nature, I never found either gender good enough to hold my attention for more than 2 minutes. TWO minutes, thats all the time I need to dig out a person's flaws and my bone deep cynicism and distrust of people to kick into gear. Either the person is as interesting an average *bleep* (I'm leaving that part out until I can find something I find less interesting than an average human), or there's a something stuff between that person's teeth, or it could be bad breath, or it could be body odour, too much hair, too little hair, terrible literacy skills or just that set of protruding ears/nose. So what is beauty?

I always thought the world of muscular perfection in people. The beautiful definitions, sharp edges and alluring network of veins. It looks like a work of art to me. Until I came upon the picture of Madonna looking like this (left), taken from the Telegraph. From that moment, my fantasies came to a screeching halt. I had this compulsive urge to scream the "White HULK!!" (I'm not being racist here, Madonna isn't green... yet)





She has reached a stage of physical perfection that almost every individual muscle is fully defined. Her personal trainer, Anderson, had the guts to say "Madonna will never look her age," she insists. "She doesn't even look half her age – she looks 19." Well, I say Madonna looks like one of the exhibits by Dr van Hagen's body (minus the testicles and penis plus a slightly bigger but rapidly shrinking set of breasts). Would you call that sexy/hot? Personally, its a loud bluidy NO.




Now, lets compare the following pictures:





Do you find these skinny girls hot? Or would you think annorexic guys look hot?? Some people do, but I don't. To me, dating skinny girls are like dating the lalangs (nothing much to grab onto other than their heads) and dating skinny boys are pointless waste of time because they are wimps.


Now lets take a look at the opposite; do you find them hot? Personally, no. But I like them because they have a guts to show off their bodies with pride.




These are just a few examples- so what affects our perception of beauty? Age? Personality? Gender? Size? Race? Just to highlight how beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, take a look at the following videos from the Maury Show called "Opposites Attract". Enjoy!



Size and Age?


Size?




Hot versus Not?


So, in summary, I would say, beauty has no boundaries in the eye of the beholder. So I can say I'm a dysfunctional idiot. wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

0 Comments: